X-Bar by Hayman Reese Towbar
Limited Lifetime Warranty Conditions
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Horizon Global Corporation Pty Ltd trading as Cequent (“Cequent”) provides the following warranty in relation to the X-Bar by Hayman Reese Towbar (“Towbar”):
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be so excluded, restricted or modified.
For safety and use instructions, please refer to any General or Specific Fitting Instructions and Use & Care Instructions enclosed with the Towbar.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Cequent warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, the Towbars will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of the products lifetime.
The warranty period commences on the date of sale by the authorised Hayman Reese stockist to the original purchaser. The warranty applies only while the Towbar is owned by the original purchaser or the recipient of a new Towbar (in the case of acquisition as a gift or promotion). The warranty does not apply to a Towbar that was purchased second hand, whether purchased installed in a vehicle or purchased separately.
If a defect appears in the Towbar before the end of the warranty period and Cequent finds the Towbar to be defective in materials or workmanship, Cequent will, in its sole discretion, either:
- repair the Towbar or the defective component of the Towbar free of charge;
- replace the Towbar or the defective component of the Towbar; or
- refund the purchase price of the Towbar to the original purchaser.
Cequent reserves the right to change the design, specifications or composition of the Towbar without notice and without liability. Cequent reserves the right to replace defective products or components with products or components of similar quality, grade and composition, where an identical product or component is not available.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
- If a fault covered by warranty occurs, the purchaser must first contact Cequent (at the contact address listed below) or an authorised Hayman Reese stockist.
- Any warranty claim must be accompanied by proof of purchase and details of the alleged defect. Evidence of the alleged defect (such as photos or video) may be requested.
- The Towbar must be returned to Cequent or made available to Cequent for inspection of the alleged defect prior to any warranty claim being accepted. Details of how to return the Towbar will be provided at the time of the claim. The cost of delivery of the Towbar to and from Cequent or the authorised Hayman Reese stockist is the responsibility of the purchaser.
This warranty is limited to defects in the materials or workmanship of the Towbar and does not cover expendable parts and accessories. This warranty does not cover the repair or replacement of the Towbar, parts or accessories due to normal wear and tear, degradation or consumption.
The Warranty will not apply where:
- the Towbar has been on-sold or assigned by the original purchaser;
- the Towbar has been modified or repaired by someone other than Cequent or an authorised Hayman Reese stockist;
- Cequent cannot establish any fault in the Towbar after testing;
- the Towbar has been used other than for the purpose for which it was designed;
- the Towbar has been subject to abnormal conditions, including temperature, water, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
- the purchaser has used or fitted to the Towbar non-Hayman Reese parts and accessories;
- the purchaser has failed to properly set-up and use, as recommended in the Use & Care documentation available at time of purchase;
- the defect in the Towbar has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident;
- the defect in the Towbar has arisen due to the unlawful or unusual operation of the vehicle to which it is fitted;
- the defect in the Towbar has arisen due to the purchaser’s failure to properly assemble, install, fit, maintain or use the Towbar in accordance with the specifications and instructions provided by Cequent as recommended in the Use & Care documentation available at time of purchase;
- the defect in the Towbar has arisen due to the overloading of the Towbar beyond its specified or recommended capacities.
Cequent makes no express warranties or representations other than set out in this Warranty.
The repair or replacement of the Towbar, or part of it, or a refund of the purchase price of the Towbar, is the absolute limit of Cequent’s liability under this express Warranty.
Cequent, a division of Horizon Global Corporation Pty Ltd
49 Pacific Drive, Keysborough VIC 3173
PO Box 4050, Dandenong South VIC 3164
Ph: 1800 812 017
Fax: 03 8726 0131